26 December 2007

Finally

So it has been quite a while since I posted. 50 to 60 hour work weeks since black friday have certainly taken their toll. But we have a new manager now, so things should be getting back to normal. I'll be able to write again. I haven't written really anything of much substance this past month. I've done some work on a manuscript (novel, I guess? I hate to label things before they're done) that I've been working on for a while now. But no recent poetry.

I've thought about trying my hand at writing a screenplay. That would be neat. But hard, too, I think. And without a screenwriting program on my computer, probably even harder. But I don't want to shell out the cash for a computer program that I might use once, and with no real payoff in the end. Still....I think it might be cool to try screenwriting. I wonder if there's a way to read screenplays from actual movies. Maybe online. Can you buy them like books? Probably not. I think it would be helpful, though, to read screenplays that have already been made into something. That way I'd know more of what a screenplay should look like, to what extent the writer should include directives, blah blah and all that.

Hm. Maybe I'll stick with what I know for now. My Borders gift card is already burning a hole in my pocket. There are some writing books I'm itching to buy. Maybe I could get one on screenwriting too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say?